Charlie the Tramp

  • Richard C
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 21
      Hi folks,

      I've had an enquiry to the russellhoban.org website: 'Do you have pics
      and/or a description/comments of the EXACT tin, wind-up beaver R.
      Hoban used for "Charlie the Tramp?"'

      I haven't read the book so can't answer. The questioner may be
      conflating this story with The Mouse and His Child, which was very
      famously inspired by an actual tin wind-up toy. But given that Charlie
      the Tramp predates The Mouse by a couple of years, it seems possible
      (and intriguing) that the former was also toy-inspired, and might have
      been a bit of a trial run for The Mouse.

      If anyone has any info, please share.

      I am aware also that this may be a wind-up.

      Thanks

      Richard

      www.russellhoban.org
    • apsley88
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 25

        The Trokeville Way, Jim's Lion and The Hired Sportsmen are my own limited ventures outside the adult novels, I'm afraid...
      • alastair bickley

            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 27

              To be charitable about it, I think the questioner was suffering from a case of conflation...

              *oooh! - can be painful, that!

              --

              You're always you, and that doesn't change, and you're always changing, and there's nothing you can do about it.
              ~Jamgon Kongtrul Rinpoche IV

              We can't all, and some of us don't. That's all there is to it.

              ~Eeyore