no place to go

  • halfbaconsandwich
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 8

      Hi Richard, et awl,

      Haven't been able to get on the  .org website for two days now, various reasons being given - good to think it's just ultra-busy, though!  Just managed to read a few quotes and messages before it went into hiding, they do seem extra enthusiastic this year.

      My quotes this year from Soonchild, on yellow paper, placed in local Waterstones, on the adult fiction and younger readers' shelves, where Hoban would be if they had any, but they didn't.  I had anticipated this, so my endnote included a query to the management, indicating the strangeness of this omission set against the author's evidently worldwide SA4QE effect.

      Shall I post here or wait for the site to show up again? (I don't tweet, yet.)

                                                                                                          emmae.

    • Richard Cooper
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 8
        Hi emmae,

        Thanks for this and apologies to anyone trying to access the site or upload a report in the past 36 hours or so - there have been some problems with the hosting. The site has just come back up again and I hope will stay up now.

        You're welcome to share here or there!

        All bes

        Richard

        On 8 February 2017 at 09:57, emmae_4@... [the-kraken] <the-kraken@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        Hi Richard, et awl,

        Haven't been able to get on the  .org website for two days now, various reasons being given - good to think it's just ultra-busy, though!  Just managed to read a few quotes and messages before it went into hiding, they do seem extra enthusiastic this year.

        My quotes this year from Soonchild, on yellow paper, placed in local Waterstones, on the adult fiction and younger readers' shelves, where Hoban would be if they had any, but they didn't.  I had anticipated this, so my endnote included a query to the management, indicating the strangeness of this omission set against the author's evidently worldwide SA4QE effect.

        Shall I post here or wait for the site to show up again? (I don't tweet, yet.)

                                                                                                               emmae.

      • apsley88
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 15

          A Tweeting Emmae would be almost beyond my comprehension !

          Looking at this year's SA4QE would not, however, although my own Hoban Day was at the tail end of a tricky patch, and was fairly devoid of content, even though I got back on the horse of the blog again finally, and even watched Louis Malle's Atlantic City (1980) from around 5.30 a.m., before making it to Tate Britain by 10.45 a.m. :

          I was there for the Paul Nash exhibition, which I found quite excellent, and quite a bit more worth seeing than the one at Dulwich in 2011 : does anyone recall an interest of Russ in Nash's equinoctal landscapes, or those where an object - often quite huge, though few as huge as the flying magnolia blossom (in Rm 9 of the show) - takes a position in the landscape, and they thereby speak to each other ?

          Ap.
        • apsley88
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 15

            Twitter not quite always showing everything from those whom one Follow, I may naively ask whether the Russ a/c Tweets links to SA4QE entries, or - if there still is / ever was one - the SA4QE a/c...

            Thanks, A.
          • Richard Cooper
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 15
              Hi Anthony,

              There used to be a dedicated SA4QE Twitter, but once we got @russellhobanorg going there wasn't really any need for it. I have kept @sa4qe though rather than delete/relinquish it to avoid the possibility of anyone else taking it over.

              Best

              Richard

              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 15

                Thanks, Richard, and for a quick reply !

                Via an RSS feed, could that Twitter a/c not be automated to Tweet - say, every day at 3.00 a.m. - whatever happened to be the random SA4QE 4Qation on russellhoban.org at that moment ?

                Not that I could set up such a thing, but Cooperman could quite easily - if people thought it a nice idea... ?

                Ciao

                Agent A.
              • Richard Cooper

                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 16

                    People who send timed Tweets tell me of TweetDeck, which would automate the sending, and I cannot think why it wouldn't provide the means for the content to be fed to it from or using a specified URL...

                    Others may know better or differently, A.