Re: SA4QE tomorrow! (Or today, depending on when/where you're reading th

  • Nick Campbell
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 4
      Hello folks!

      I didn't get a chance to SA4QEate today, partly because I had to work (in a bookshop - with no Hoban anywhere but the children's floor! I was gobsmacked) -- BUT I wrote this piece for the new blog platform, We Are Cult:

      http://wearecult.rocks/the-head-of-orpheus-russell-hoban

      Nothing you won't know in there, but I thought you'd all like to know.

      Hooray for Russ, and thank goodness for his work.

      Best,
      Nick

    • Lindsay Edmunds
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 4
        Hey, that is nice.  Can't get too much appreciation for the man.

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 5
          Best to Awl from Montreal,

               Just read Nick's superb blog on Russ--

          Nick, can I reprint it on our university children's literature site?

               My pals on campus 2500 miles from here in San Diego printed quotes for me from former Feb 4s and are scattering them in the bookstore and library.

               Sending very best wishes to Krakenites wherever you are,

          Alida

          On Feb 4, 2017 6:13 PM, "Nick Campbell nicholas.m.campbell@... [the-kraken]" <the-kraken@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

          Hello folks!

          I didn't get a chance to SA4QEate today, partly because I had to work (in a bookshop - with no Hoban anywhere but the children's floor! I was gobsmacked) -- BUT I wrote this piece for the new blog platform, We Are Cult:

          http://wearecult.rocks/the- head-of-orpheus-russell-hoban

          Nothing you won't know in there, but I thought you'd all like to know.

          Hooray for Russ, and thank goodness for his work.

          Best,
          Nick

        • Richard Cooper
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 6
            Thanks Nick, Lindsay, Alison and awl.

            We had some amazing contributions to the site again this year - in order of posting:

            I would especially draw your attention to Sandra's post as she created her images with imaging software based on information given in Pilgermann.

            There were also lots of lovely posts on Twitter on Saturday and you can see these at https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=%23SA4QE - these include quotes, posts and images that have NOT been added to the website (and won't be unless those 4qaters post their reports via the form).

            It was especially heartening to see several quotations this year with a geopolitical slant.

            I hope you all had a good day.

            All bes

            Richard