Dear Richard, Chaps, et al, There is a problem with the modes as we hear them today and that is, as you say, the major scale. My EA Rules OK? might well be EARpd491586
Yes, Richard, it all comes back to me. Trouble with me is a lack of a good filing system, except my head (but that won't fit the printer!) I do remember goodpd491586
Pete, Thanks for your diagram. I came to the notion Ionian aka C Major is so strong and "better heard" than others because the tritones are then steeply angledricharddheath
When you apply to join the group, you will need to tell us your real name, give us a little information about yourself, and explain why you are interested in this discussion.
You must use your real name in all posts.
- Jul 16, 2003
- This is a restricted group.
- Attachments are permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership requires approval.
- Messages are not moderated.
- All members can post messages.