Cosmic Image in Southern India

  • Richard Heath
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 8

    Dear Mayank,

    You will have noticed that Palsson's work is held together by myths. I used Petur's criteria for a Cosmic Image to explore my intuition that Sri Lanka is a rather obvious Primordial Hill, with excellent mythic connections to southern India. I attach the picture I made which Petur looked at. He suggested it was promising and that "there just might be a regular 66 km Cosmic Image on the deltas in the eastern section of your image, just below the east equinox point" since the image here is 4 times larger.

    • India is an "embarrassment of riches" for temples and myth so I could be accused of finding patterns in a rich field.
    • I also downloaded a database in .kml (for Google Earth) from http://www.megalithic.co.uk including many Indian megalithic sites, which was news to me. (Allowing me to fool myself with even more data)

    You might wish to understand what is in this picture from your point of view, or try your hand at building another image in India, in a region that has suitable landmarks.

    • Standard images are a diameter 216,000 Roman feet of 3024/3125 feet = 1/100th of the mean earth radius of 20901888 regular feet, i.e. 209018.88. You can also ask Petur of course, for help in any other details of the images nine key points.

    Working with such an image is educational and joyous since it allows the integrative mind to function.

    • On Agastya for example: "In the Ramayana, Agastya and Lopamudra are described as living in Dandaka forest, on the southern slopes of Vindhya mountains" and those mountains are exactly on the Tropic of Cancer leading to the story of how Shiva and He carved up India into north and south.

    Any feedback on the attached image would be appreciated.

    Richard

  • Mayank Chaturvedi
    Message 2 of 7 , Apr 8
      Richard:

      I will take a look at your picture at a later date.  I am currently caught up in other issues which have occupied my mind.

      You may find this paper by Subhash Kak interesting.

      Regards

      Mayank

      [Attachment(s) from Richard Heath included below]

        Message 4 of 7 , Apr 9
          Mayank

          Thank you very much for these links which, on brief inspection, provide insight into what is a significant subject, a Megalithic of India thought to be no older than Iron Age 1500 BC. The work on alignments, dolmen, rings and rows, and the finding of cup marking of constellations resembles Bronze Age Britain and earlier. Texts were being written down during 1st millennium BC whilst writing has no evidence in Britain but appears to exist in olmec-maya megalithic.

          An interesting contrast is seen here to the forming of images and subsequent relationship to mythic stories: a cosmic image holds ancient sites that can become associated with mythic stories just as harmonic invariance can be indicated. The modality of Science studies everything from its paradigm of objects and measurements and is not usually expecting an a priori Image. Yet, in the past there definately were structural allusions informing cultural manifestation. Allusions enchanted the landscape of india most strongly to this day, with what were once found meanings.

          So whilst these studies of the megalithic can provide knowledge of sites, and their astroarchaeology, the paradigm used is not authentic in terms of ancient literary backgrounds. In this respect Ernest's friend de Nicolas has provided navigational assistence with his four languages of the Rg Veda ( Meditations through the RV and Avatara). This approach seems to fit Bibal as a forum whilst being something I want to do.

          Yours,
          Richard

          On 09/04/2017 05:07, Mayank Chaturvedi MChatur@... [bibal] wrote:

          Richard

          Here are some links to relevant papers.

          Regards

          Mayank

          On Apr 8, 2017, at 10:47 PM, Mayank Chaturvedi MChatur@... [bibal] <bibal@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
          < br class="Apple-interchange-newline">

[...]

            < /li>
          • I also downloaded a database in .kml (for Google Earth) from http://www.megalithic.co.uk including many Indian megalithic sites, which was news to me. (Allowing me to fool myself with even more data)

          You might wish to understand what is in this picture from your point of view, or try your hand at building another image in India, in a region that has suitable landmarks.

          • Standard images are a diameter 216,000 Roman feet of 3024/3125 feet = 1/100th of the mean earth radius of 20901888 regular feet, i.e. 209018.88. You can also ask Petur of course, for help in any other details of the images nine key points.< span class="Apple-converted-space">

              Message 7 of 7 , Apr 25
                Mayank,

                I just checked it and it forwards to Parkmont School.
                1. It could be that a subscription ran out and the web space has auto forwarded to a good cause to stop the domain being exploited for advertising
                2. The family might have acted to that effect, thinking the site was no longer needed.
                It would be nice to know if there is any curation of EGM papers such as those on http://www.ernestmcclain.net/.
                The In Memoriam is the only project I know of.
                One has to decide what aren't now ephemeral works.

                Richard

                bcc to Ron and Pamela.