5832Oh-fer

  • Greg Gillson
    Nov 25, 2016

      Spent the whole day chasing this week's reported rarities.

      Started at the Bird & Butterfly Garden where I did NOT see the Gray Flycatcher, Black-and-white Warbler, or Blackburnian Warbler.

      Then over to the Sunset ball fields where I proceeded NOT to see a Lapland Longspur or Red-throated Pipit.

      Down the road at Nestor Park I easily found the shady characters, but was UNABLE to find the Pine Warbler.

      After a nice lunch I drove to the San Diego River mouth where there was NO sign of Burrowing Owl, Palm Warbler, Eurasian Wigeon, or Greater Scaup.

      Finally, as the sun set, there was NO Franklin's Gull at Mission Bay.

      My luck is 100%.

      A wonderful and very typical birding day.

      Greg Gillson
      Escondido