Work on Jan.19,2017

  • winn_harry
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 19

      This is a second attempt to send this message. The first effort failed, somehow. If you received it, there is no new info.  Harry Winn

      Today Fred Noll led a group who reached 90% completion on the steel doors for the Battery 519 plotting Room Casemate. The should be completed, shortly.

      Jeff diBella led a group creating 2 welding screens. Given the large number of steel related projects in front of FMHA, this is a safety tool that will protect both Bunkerbusters and our workplace. The primary component is a special fabric used in such industrial welding  environments. This project is 75% and will completed next week.

      Disturbingly bunkerbusters needed to quickly shift priorities and address two vandalism situations.

      Fred Noll's group repaired the steel door at one of the entrances to Battery Herring. Apparently vandals used a battery powered cutting device, cut through the WW II hasp on the door, removed the lock,entered and spray painted certain inside areas.

      Steve Tarantola and Jack Hliva repaired a shutter on the rear of the Orientation Building in the Cantonment Area. Vandals had pried off a part of the shutter, but were denied access because of the manner that the shutter was attached and the wire security screen found behind it.

      This vandalism is at best frustrating to both FMHA and DE State Park employees. Harry Winn

    • Daniel Brown
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 19

      Related pics from Harry's post.

      OB - secured
      Herring - secured
      Fred - still busy...  :-)

      Get Outlook for Android

      Message 3 of 7 , Jan 19
        Thanks to all that made this happen!! This is outstanding, to be sure. Probably should have a bit of a brainstorm on how to make this more vandal resistant. I know a couple of former interlopers who would be good to determine how rugged the solution would be. heh heh heh...

        John
      • John Roberts
        Message 4 of 7 , Jan 19
          Thank you, Harry. Let's all put our heads together and come up with some deterrents. Nice work on the screens, etc. Safety first, and you guys are certainly pro active in this respect!

          John

          Message 5 of 7 , Jan 21

            All,

            Vandals also painted the word "beer" and a "weed" plant leaf on top of the concrete of the north gun block! It is going to have to be removed and we must start a discussion on how we can more proactive stop these types of events.

            Gary

[...]

          • Raymond (Ray) C. Wockley
            Message 6 of 7 , Jan 21
              Gary,

                        After uniform made made a good living off of problem properties.

                        Believed in the "Broken Window" principal.  As soon as a problem appears (broken window, gang signs, etc.) fix it.

                        While having the problem fixed, I would have a picture taken of it and a sign prepared.  The sign would have a blown up pic of the problem and words to the effect -  we like to clean (fix, etc.) if you like to paint (break, etc) and this property is protected/covered with cameras.  Never put in a camera, just a black box with a hole in it with a wire coming out of the back.  What I liked was a iron pipe with a hole in it and the wire inserted.  Not connected to anything, but it sure made the bad guys blink.  If you want to really get good, a battery operated red panel/display light rotating between off and on works (found a good one in a beer display).

                                 Regards,
                                 Ray W.

              On 21 Jan 2017 at 13:04, Gary Wray gdwray@... [Fortmilesha wrote:

              To:                            "Fortmilesha@yahoogroups.com" <Fortmilesha@yahoogroups.com>, bob frederick
                                               <rfrederick@...>, Carrow Sean <sean.carrow@...>, cliff geisler
                                               <cgeisler07@...>, Jim Pierce/New Board App
                                               <pierceadvisors@...>, Joe Johnson <karlajoe@...>, joettak
                                               <joettak@...>, John Roberts <jvhroberts19702@...>, John Roberts
                                               <jvhroberts@...>, larry boyer/new member interested
                                               <lgboyer@...>, mark chura <mark@...>, "mbeil5@..."
                                               <mbeil5@...>, Mike <mdunkes@...>, paul faircloth
                                               <paul.faircloth@...>, Ray Bivens <raymond.bivens@...>,
                                               "bdale417@..." <bdale417@...>, Frank <fara3x2@...>
              From:                       "Gary Wray gdwray@... [Fortmilesha]" <Fortmilesha@yahoogroups.com>
              Date sent:                 Sat, 21 Jan 2017 13:04:58 +0000
              Send reply to:           Fortmilesha@yahoogroups.com

              Message 7 of 7 , Jan 22

                Dear Ray,

                All good ideas. We are going to talk about security at the upcoming FMHA Board meeting. Thanks for your comments.