The week in review

  • jvhroberts19702
    Message 1 of 122 , Feb 28, 2014
      Folks, I want to say thanks to our volunteer group. In spite of a couple of difficult projects, they came through with flying colors. Heck, everybody showed up, and we're not even getting paid! How cool is that?

      The crew have the concrete demolition in the south shell room 96% completed. We'll finish it next week, and the following week, we'll haul the debris (all 30,000 pounds of it!) out of the building and to the recycler. The park has agreed to help us with this, and we should only have to handle this stuff once. This was a physically challenging experiment, and even though we have a very positive result, it's just physically and time wise to arduous. Thanks to Tom Anderson, we had two outfits show up this week to quote on the remaining demolition, which is the overpour in the corridor.

      Very well done!

      The other project was repairing the hinges on Igloo #6. Fred, Dan and Jack B. did an outstanding job. Three of the four hinges are in place, and the door is secure enough for the up and coming parts storage. Fred has the 4th hinge being repaired, but we'll do that one at our convenience. Remember, this was up in the air, and it was pretty cold this week, and the doors weigh 1200 pounds EACH!! So, again, hats off to an arduous task well done!

      Thanks to everyone!

      John
    • jvhroberts19702
      Message 122 of 122 , Mar 18 8:03 AM
        Folks, we're doing great!

        Our shop is getting more organized. Which we need to do more work on, as we're getting a bit crowded in there.

        We have a plan for painting the golf carts!! Pat B has the lead on this.

        Doors, shutters and so on for the barracks are rolling right along.

        We worked on the emergency lighting in 519. We had a few bad batteries. We're going to make this a monthly check from now on. Dan and I have a plan for the rooms!!

        LOADS of other odds and ends...

        Nicely done, folks!!

        FYI, I won't be around the last week of this month and the first week of April. So, you're on your own!! I trust ya, just keep on keeping on!!

        JVHR