The week in review

  • jvhroberts19702
    Message 1 of 126 , Feb 28, 2014
      Folks, I want to say thanks to our volunteer group. In spite of a couple of difficult projects, they came through with flying colors. Heck, everybody showed up, and we're not even getting paid! How cool is that?

      The crew have the concrete demolition in the south shell room 96% completed. We'll finish it next week, and the following week, we'll haul the debris (all 30,000 pounds of it!) out of the building and to the recycler. The park has agreed to help us with this, and we should only have to handle this stuff once. This was a physically challenging experiment, and even though we have a very positive result, it's just physically and time wise to arduous. Thanks to Tom Anderson, we had two outfits show up this week to quote on the remaining demolition, which is the overpour in the corridor.

      Very well done!

      The other project was repairing the hinges on Igloo #6. Fred, Dan and Jack B. did an outstanding job. Three of the four hinges are in place, and the door is secure enough for the up and coming parts storage. Fred has the 4th hinge being repaired, but we'll do that one at our convenience. Remember, this was up in the air, and it was pretty cold this week, and the doors weigh 1200 pounds EACH!! So, again, hats off to an arduous task well done!

      Thanks to everyone!

      John
    • michael Hills
      Message 126 of 126 , Apr 21 2:48 PM
        Just wanted to say a big thank you to the BB for their help today cleaning out the barracks while I did the landscaping.  The place looks really good for the event.

        Also, thank you John for fixing my daughters ( Jordyn) bike.  She really appreciated it.

        Mike Hills

        On Friday, April 21, 2017 4:01 PM, "'Dr. Donald Hattier' dhattier@... [Fortmilesha]" <Fortmilesha@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        Agreed 604 is amazing!!

        We look forward to working in there.

        Dr D

        And we thank you immmensely for the help in cleaning out the barracks. Takes a huge load off of our setting up time.