The week in review

  • jvhroberts19702
    Message 1 of 120 , Feb 28 2:21 PM
      Folks, I want to say thanks to our volunteer group. In spite of a couple of difficult projects, they came through with flying colors. Heck, everybody showed up, and we're not even getting paid! How cool is that?

      The crew have the concrete demolition in the south shell room 96% completed. We'll finish it next week, and the following week, we'll haul the debris (all 30,000 pounds of it!) out of the building and to the recycler. The park has agreed to help us with this, and we should only have to handle this stuff once. This was a physically challenging experiment, and even though we have a very positive result, it's just physically and time wise to arduous. Thanks to Tom Anderson, we had two outfits show up this week to quote on the remaining demolition, which is the overpour in the corridor.

      Very well done!

      The other project was repairing the hinges on Igloo #6. Fred, Dan and Jack B. did an outstanding job. Three of the four hinges are in place, and the door is secure enough for the up and coming parts storage. Fred has the 4th hinge being repaired, but we'll do that one at our convenience. Remember, this was up in the air, and it was pretty cold this week, and the doors weigh 1200 pounds EACH!! So, again, hats off to an arduous task well done!

      Thanks to everyone!

      John
    • Beverly Dalecki
      Message 120 of 120 , Feb 11 8:05 AM
        Great picture!
        Bev

        Sent from my iPad

        On Feb 10, 2017, at 10:58 AM, Gary Wray gdwray@... [Fortmilesha] <Fortmilesha@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        All,

        Grab a copy of today's Cape Gazette as Fred's photo working on the milling machine is on the front page thank's to my old Lewes student and CG photographer, Deny Howeth! Go Fred!!!!!

        Gary