      From: DPSedits@yahoogroups.com [mailto:DPSedits@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Boyd Shermis
      Sent: Thursday, February 25, 2010 7:33 PM
      To: DPSedits@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [DPSedits] Where is everyone?

      As I've mentioned earlier on this Forum, ivs Edits is a pretty good alternative for those that are Velocity-centric and would like to stay that way..

      I, myself, find Velocity to be the most intuitive editing platform around (and I own/have owned quite a few). And ivs continues in this very same tradition (GUI/innovation/ customer support).

      It's not perfect yet, but updates come once, sometimes twice a week, while they get it closer to perfection. Roberto is incredibly helpful and incredibly available (does he ever sleep?).

      Realtime HD (if you build to their spec) and all the nice  editing features that you're used to. Again, it's not complete yet (is anything?), but depending upon your editing level and how much you rely on plug-ins, etc. it's a pretty damn good, (mostly) upgraded version of VelocityHD.

      I'm satisfied with ivsEdits for the type of work that I do- which arguably isn't that sophisticated. But it gets my work done. Your mileage may vary, of course. And certainly worth trying, if you think you're going to miss the Velocity interface & style of editing.

      you're going to spend ~USD$5,500+ to reach their spec, but you'll have an incredibly kick-ass machine, even if you should decide to bail on ivs and go with something else.

      Cheers,

      Boyd Shermis

      On Feb 25, 2010, at 6:18 PM, Kelly Griffin wrote:

      And with the economy the way it is, I'm less inclined to do it sooner than later.

      "My little V8 just purrs lahk a CAT."

      --Kelly Griffin

      Date: 2/25/2010 2:41:38 PM

      Me, too.