Announcement CoCo3FPGA 4.1 full Release

  • Gary_L_Becker
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 21, 2016

      I just uploaded CoCo3FPGA Version 4.1. This is a full release version including all the source. See the included readme file. There are only programming files for the Old SRAM with Ed's Analog board as this is the standard configuration. But included in the release is the source differences for the new SRAM and Gary's Analog board. I will upload the programming files for the remaining configurations later today or in the morning.

      This version is identical to the prerelease A2 version uploaded last night except for the revision bytes have been changed to match the full release. The documentation was updated to include the SDRAM interface.

      I am still hobbled a bit in my testing ability. But I was able to test most things and feel comfortable that things are working as designed. I am a little concerned about the joysticks. I will upload the test disk image along with the source code for the NitrOS-9 drivers and Slave processor soon.

      Gary Becker

    • carmageddon66
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 21, 2016
        That's great news, nice work Gary!

        Craig.
      • Kip Koon
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 21, 2016

          Hi Gary,

          Fantastic!  After I complete my annual Thanksgiving Season cleanup around my work area, I’ll take 4.1 for a test run.  I am very grateful for all the hard work you expend on all our behalf for this Coco3FPGA project!

          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 21, 2016
            Gary, I can upload the NitrOS9 sources I've submited to the NitrOS9 repo if anyone wants them. The difference being they are configured for compiling with the repo and that the "rbsuper.asm" and "superdesc.asm" have been modifided to include the SD driver in their build.
            I'm still waiting to hear back from Tormod on the statuss of the patch and it being added to the repo.

            Bill Pierce

            Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
            http://www.tandycoco.com/forum/
            E-Mail: ooogalapasooo@...

            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 21, 2016
              Hi Gary,

              Great stuff.

              Release file compiles fine for me under: Quartus II 64-Bit 13.0.1 Build 232 SP1 SJ Full Version

              Time to get busy with those ports!

              Cheers,
              Leslie

              ---In CoCo3FPGA@yahoogroups.com, <gary_l_becker@...> wrote :

[...]

            • nickmarentes
              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 21, 2016
                I installed this update but, unlike the A2 release, this powers up with the "3 mugsters"  screen and I have to do a CTRL-ALT-DEL to make it boot properly.

                The A2 release was perfect.

                Nick
              • spere1ra
                Message 7 of 12 , Nov 22, 2016
                  I don't know why, but I cannot download the new .ZIP file.  I get transported to a blank web page at XA.YIMG.COM and then nothing.

                  Can anyone please let me know what I'm doing wrong?  I've always been able to get all the previous versions since I joined up here.

                  Thanks,
                  smp

                • Mathieu Chouinard
                  Message 8 of 12 , Nov 22, 2016
                    Hi,
                    it happened a few times for me too.
                    but I got the files after a few retries

                    Mathieu

                    --
                    A te quaeso, sicut in Aeneidos libro quarto Aeneas, elocutus desiderium erigendi suum obeliscum in templo Venereo Didonis, ab ea quaesivit, tuae domi an meae?
                  • spere1ra
                    Message 9 of 12 , Nov 22, 2016
                      Thanks very much, Mathieu.
                      I tried again (for the umpteenth time) and I finally got it.

                      smp

                    • spere1ra
                      Message 10 of 12 , Nov 22, 2016
                        I confirm what Nick is saying.  the final release starts up with the image of the three amigos.
                        (I did not download the previous pre-release, so I cannot comment on that one.)

                        When I PEEK at the version numbers, I get 65 & 5.

                        Dungeons of Dagorath runs fine.

                        Thanks very much, Gary, for all your effort on this wonderful machine!

                        smp

                      • oo_soundchaser_oo
                        Message 11 of 12 , Nov 22, 2016
                          Yep, I get the same thing on the 4.1 running DE-1 only memory. Ctl/Alt/Del sets it back to normal.
                        • redskulldc
                          Message 12 of 12 , Nov 22, 2016
                            Hi Nick, Gary, et al.

                            The "RESET_INS" signal in "cocokey.v" is not being initialised to a known value during the reset block.
                            (cocokey.v lines 206-213).

                            Signal could come up as either '1' or '0'. 50/50 chance of it working as expected.

                            Just lucky with the A2 release.

                            Leslie