CocoFPGA in the NitrOS9 Repository

  • oo_soundchaser_oo
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 3, 2016
      Whoohoo!!
      I finally got up with Tormod Volden and now have commit access to the NitrOS9 repository. I hope to be adding a "CocoFPGA" section to the repository over the next month or so. I already have the needed changes to the repository prepared, but I need to go over them with Tormod to make sure they do not conflict with the rest of the repository.
      So sometime within the next month or so, the CocoFPGA will be "officially" represented in the NitrOS9 repository and disks will be available. I will also be adding Brett's "bootrom" and a few other things.

      I know that to the non-OS9 users, this really doesn't matter, but to the NitrOs9 users, it's a BIG DEAL. It is as if the CocoFPGA has been accepted as a real Coco 3 :-)

      Keep a watch on the repo, we'll be there soon :-)

      Bill P.

    • Dave Philipsen

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 4, 2016
            Brett, I had to make a new account on another email. They said once I got this account, I could request the old account to be transferred to this one.

            Bill Pierce

            Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
            http://www.tandycoco.com/forum/
            E-Mail: ooogalapasooo@...

            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 4, 2016

              Hi Bill,

              This is great news!  Please let us know when the updates have made it into the NitrOS-9 Repository so we can download it to our local copies.  Thanks so much for your tireless work on many fronts for the Coco in all of its forms.  I think I’m falling in love with my Coco3FPGA.  It is so cool to have a 25MHZ Coco!  How fast can we get the Coco in FPGA platforms to go?  I wonder!

              By the way, has anybody played Nick’s games on the Coco3FPGA yet?  If so, how did it go?